Given an integer n (in seconds), convert it into hours, minutes and seconds.
Input : 12345 Output : 3:25:45 Input : 3600 Output : 1:00:00
Approach #1 : Naive
This approach is simply a naive approach to get the hours, minutes and seconds by simple mathematical calculations.
Approach #2 : Alternate to the Naive approach
By using the
divmod() function, which does only a single division to produce both the quotient and the remainder, you can have the result very quickly with only two mathematical operations.
Approach #3 : Using
timedelta (Object of
Datetime module provides timedelta object which represents a duration, the difference between two dates or times.
datetime.timedelta can be used to represent seconds into hours, minutes and seconds format.
Approach #4 : Using
time.strftime() gives more control over formatting. The format and
time.gmtime() is passed as argument. gmtime is used to convert seconds to special tuple format that
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Converting seconds into days, hours, minutes and seconds
- Program for converting hours into minutes and seconds
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
- How to add hours to the current time in Python?
- Python program to convert Set into Tuple and Tuple into Set
- Python | Difference between two dates (in minutes) using datetime.timedelta() method
- Get Minutes from timestamp in Pandas-Python
- 30 minutes to machine learning
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.seconds
- Python | Pandas Timedelta.seconds
- Get Seconds from timestamp in Python-Pandas
- Python - Time Strings to Seconds in Tuple List
- PyQt5 - Calculator for Number of seconds You have Lived
- Pafy - Getting Length in seconds for each item of Playlist
- Python Program to Convert a list of multiple integers into a single integer
- Python | Convert a list of Tuples into Dictionary
- Python | Convert a list of characters into a string
- Python | Convert a nested list into a flat list
- Python | Convert two lists into a dictionary
- Python | Convert a list into a tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.