Given an integer n (in seconds), convert it into hours, minutes and seconds.
Input : 12345 Output : 3:25:45 Input : 3600 Output : 1:00:00
Approach #1 : Naive
This approach is simply a naive approach to get the hours, minutes and seconds by simple mathematical calculations.
Approach #2 : Alternate to the Naive approach
By using the
divmod() function, which does only a single division to produce both the quotient and the remainder, you can have the result very quickly with only two mathematical operations.
Approach #3 : Using
timedelta (Object of
Datetime module provides timedelta object which represents a duration, the difference between two dates or times.
datetime.timedelta can be used to represent seconds into hours, minutes and seconds format.
Approach #4 : Using
time.strftime() gives more control over formatting. The format and
time.gmtime() is passed as argument. gmtime is used to convert seconds to special tuple format that
- Converting seconds into days, hours, minutes and seconds
- Program for converting hours into minutes and seconds
- Python | Pandas TimedeltaIndex.seconds
- Python | Pandas Timedelta.seconds
- Python program to convert POS to SOP
- Python | Difference between two dates (in minutes) using datetime.timedelta() method
- Python program to convert floating to binary
- Python program to convert a list to string
- Python | Program to convert String to a List
- Python | Program to convert a tuple to a string
- Python program to convert hex string to decimal
- Python program to convert decimal to binary number
- Python program to convert float decimal to Octal number
- Python Program to Convert any Positive Real Number to Binary string
- Program to find the time after K minutes from given time
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.