Given a string in camel case, write a Python program to convert the given string from camel case to snake case.
Input : GeeksForGeeks Output : geeks_for_geeks Input : ThisIsInCamelCase Output : this_is_in_camel_case
Let’s see the different ways we can do this task.
Method #1 : Naive Approach
This is a naive implementation to convert camel case to snake case. First, we initialize a variable ‘res’ with an empty list and append first character (in lower case) to it. Now, Each time we encounter a Capital alphabet, we append ‘_’ and the alphabet (in lower case) to ‘res’, otherwise, just append the alphabet only.
Method #2 : List comprehension
Method #3 : Python reduce()
Python reduce() method applies a function to all the string alphabets, that wherever it find uppercase alphabet, it add ‘_’ in front of it and replace the uppercase alphabet with lowercase alphabet.
Method #4 : Python Regex
- Python regex to find sequences of one upper case letter followed by lower case letters
- Python | Convert case of elements in a list of strings
- Python | Case Counter in String
- Python 3 | Program to print double sided stair-case pattern
- Python program to count upper and lower case characters without using inbuilt functions
- Switch Case in Python (Replacement)
- Python | Toggle characters in words having same case
- Python | Ways to sort list of strings in case-insensitive manner
- Python | Program to convert String to a List
- Python | Program to convert a tuple to a string
- Python program to convert a list to string
- Python program to convert hex string to decimal
- Python | Convert String to bytes
- Python | Convert String to Tuple
- Python | Convert String to Binary
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.
Improved By : shubham_singh