Given a string, the task is to check if that string contains any g followed by one or more e’s in it, otherwise, print No match.
Input : geeks for geeks Output : geeks geeks Input : graphic era Output : No match
Approach : Firstly, make a regular expression (regex) object that matches a word which contains ‘g’ followed by one or more e’s, then pass a string in the
findall method. This method returns the list of the matched strings. Loop through the list and print each matched word.
\w – represent Any letter, numeric digit, or the underscore character.
* means zero or more occurrence of the character.
+ means one or more occurrence of the character.
Below is the implementation :
- Python | Check if string matches regex list
- Python Regex - Program to accept string starting with vowel
- Python Regex | Program to accept string ending with alphanumeric character
- Python program to remove Nth occurrence of the given word
- Python program for word guessing game
- Python | Program to implement Jumbled word game
- Python | Check if suffix matches with any string in given list
- Python | Find all close matches of input string from a list
- Verbose in Python Regex
- Name validation using IGNORECASE in Python Regex
- Pattern matching in Python with Regex
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Python | Parse a website with regex and urllib
- The most occurring number in a string using Regex in python
- Python Regex to extract maximum numeric value from a string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.