Given a number \’n\’, how to check if n is a Fibonacci number. First few Fibonacci numbers are 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 141, ..
Input : 8 Output : Yes Input : 34 Output : Yes Input : 41 Output : No
Following is an interesting property about Fibonacci numbers that can also be used to check if a given number is Fibonacci or not.
A number is Fibonacci if and only if one or both of (5*n2 + 4) or (5*n2 – 4) is a perfect square (Source: Wiki).
1 is a Fibonacci Number 2 is a Fibonacci Number 3 is a Fibonacci Number 4 is a not Fibonacci Number 5 is a Fibonacci Number 6 is a not Fibonacci Number 7 is a not Fibonacci Number 8 is a Fibonacci Number 9 is a not Fibonacci Number 10 is a not Fibonacci Number
Please refer complete article on How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number? for more details!
- Python Program for n-th Fibonacci number
- Python Program for n\'th multiple of a number in Fibonacci Series
- Python Program for Fibonacci numbers
- Python Program for Zeckendorf\'s Theorem (Non-Neighbouring Fibonacci Representation)
- Python | Plotting Fibonacci spiral fractal using Turtle
- Python | Find fibonacci series upto n using lambda
- Python Program for Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Python Program to check if given array is Monotonic
- Python program to check if given string is vowel Palindrome
- Python program to check if given string is pangram
- Python program to check if a given string is Keyword or not
- Python program to check if given value occurs atleast k times
- Python program to check if the given string is IPv4 or IPv6 or Invalid
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Python Program to Check Prime Number
- Python Program for Check if all digits of a number divide it
- Python Program to check whether it is possible to make a divisible by 3 number using all digits in an array
- Python Program to check Armstrong Number
- Python program to check whether a number is Prime or not
- Python program to check if number is palindrome (one-liner)