Given a number \’n\’, how to check if n is a Fibonacci number. First few Fibonacci numbers are 0, 1, 1, 2, 3, 5, 8, 13, 21, 34, 55, 89, 141, ..
Input : 8 Output : Yes Input : 34 Output : Yes Input : 41 Output : No
Following is an interesting property about Fibonacci numbers that can also be used to check if a given number is Fibonacci or not.
A number is Fibonacci if and only if one or both of (5*n2 + 4) or (5*n2 – 4) is a perfect square (Source: Wiki).
1 is a Fibonacci Number 2 is a Fibonacci Number 3 is a Fibonacci Number 4 is a not Fibonacci Number 5 is a Fibonacci Number 6 is a not Fibonacci Number 7 is a not Fibonacci Number 8 is a Fibonacci Number 9 is a not Fibonacci Number 10 is a not Fibonacci Number
Please refer complete article on How to check if a given number is Fibonacci number? for more details!
- Python Program to print digit pattern
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Google Chrome Dino Bot using Image Recognition | Python
- Python | Use of __slots__
- Python - Summation of float string list
- Python | Animated Banner showing 'GeeksForGeeks'
- Python | Segregate list elements by Suffix
- Python Program for Selection Sort
- Python Program for Bubble Sort
- Python Program for Insertion Sort
- Python Program for Heap Sort
- Python Program for Counting Sort
- Python Program for Radix Sort
- Python Program for n-th Fibonacci number