A set of points on a plain surface that forms a curve such that any point on that curve is equidistant from the focus is a parabola.
Vertex of a parabola is the coordinate from which it takes the sharpest turn whereas a is the straight line used to generate the curve.
The standard form of a parabola equation is . Given the values of a, b and c; our task is to find the coordinates of vertex, focus and the equation of the directrix.
Input : 5 3 2 Output : Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198 Consult the formula below for explanation.
Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198
Please refer complete article on Finding the vertex, focus and directrix of a parabola for more details!
- Python Program to print digit pattern
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Google Chrome Dino Bot using Image Recognition | Python
- Python | Use of __slots__
- Python - Summation of float string list
- Python | Animated Banner showing 'GeeksForGeeks'
- Python | Segregate list elements by Suffix
- Python Program for Selection Sort
- Python Program for Bubble Sort
- Python Program for Insertion Sort
- Python Program for Heap Sort
- Python Program for Counting Sort
- Python Program for Radix Sort
- Python Program for n-th Fibonacci number