A set of points on a plain surface that forms a curve such that any point on that curve is equidistant from the focus is a parabola.
Vertex of a parabola is the coordinate from which it takes the sharpest turn whereas a is the straight line used to generate the curve.
The standard form of a parabola equation is . Given the values of a, b and c; our task is to find the coordinates of vertex, focus and the equation of the directrix.
Input : 5 3 2 Output : Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198 Consult the formula below for explanation.
Vertex:(-0.3, 1.55) Focus: (-0.3, 1.6) Directrix: y=-198
Please refer complete article on Finding the vertex, focus and directrix of a parabola for more details!
- Python | Finding strings with given substring in list
- Python | Finding frequency in list of tuples
- Python | Finding relative order of elements in list
- Python | Finding Solutions of a Polynomial Equation
- Python | Finding 'n' Character Words in a Text File
- Python Program for Program to find the sum of a Series 1/1! + 2/2! + 3/3! + 4/4! +.......+ n/n!
- Python Program for Program to Print Matrix in Z form
- Python Program for Program to calculate area of a Tetrahedron
- Python Program for Efficient program to print all prime factors of a given number
- Python Program for Program to find area of a circle
- Python program to check if the list contains three consecutive common numbers in Python
- Python Program for Binary Search (Recursive and Iterative)
- Python Program to Split the array and add the first part to the end
- Python program to split and join a string
- Python program to interchange first and last elements in a list
- Python program to find the most occurring character and its count
- Python Program for Difference between sums of odd and even digits
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python program to count positive and negative numbers in a list