Given a number n, the task is to find the odd factor sum.
Input : n = 30 Output : 24 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 5 + 15 = 24 Input : 18 Output : 13 Odd dividers sum 1 + 3 + 9 = 13
Let p1, p2, … pk be prime factors of n. Let a1, a2, .. ak be highest powers of p1, p2, .. pk respectively that divide n, i.e., we can write n as n = (p1a1)*(p2a2)* … (pkak).
Sum of divisors = (1 + p1 + p12 ... p1a1) * (1 + p2 + p22 ... p2a2) * ............................................. (1 + pk + pk2 ... pkak)
To find sum of odd factors, we simply need to ignore even factors and their powers. For example, consider n = 18. It can be written as 2132 and sun of all factors is (1)*(1 + 2)*(1 + 3 + 32). Sum of odd factors (1)*(1+3+32) = 13.
To remove all even factors, we repeatedly divide n while it is divisible by 2. After this step, we only get odd factors. Note that 2 is the only even prime.
Please refer complete article on Find sum of odd factors of a number for more details!
- Python Program to print digit pattern
- Python | Extract key-value of dictionary in variables
- Python program to convert time from 12 hour to 24 hour format
- Google Chrome Dino Bot using Image Recognition | Python
- Python | Use of __slots__
- Python - Summation of float string list
- Python | Animated Banner showing 'GeeksForGeeks'
- Python | Segregate list elements by Suffix
- Python Program for Selection Sort
- Python Program for Bubble Sort
- Python Program for Insertion Sort
- Python Program for Heap Sort
- Python Program for Counting Sort
- Python Program for Radix Sort
- Python Program for n-th Fibonacci number