Nowadays, especially in the field of competitive programming, the utility of computing prefix sum is quite popular and features in many problems. Hence, having a one-liner solution to it would possess a great help. Let’s discuss certain way in which this problem can be solved.
Method #1: Using list comprehension + sum() + list slicing
This problem can be solved using the combination of above two functions in which we use list comprehension to extend logic to each element, sum function to get the sum along, slicing is used to get sum till the particular index.
The original list : [3, 4, 1, 7, 9, 1] The prefix sum list is : [3, 7, 8, 15, 24, 25]
Method #2: Using
[3, 7, 8, 15, 24, 25]
- Python | Product of Prefix in list
- Python | Remove prefix strings from list
- Python - Filter list elements starting with given Prefix
- Python | Split strings in list with same prefix in all elements
- Python | Append suffix/prefix to strings in list
- Python | Get numeric prefix of given string
- Python | Get the numeric prefix of given string
- Python | Prefix key match in dictionary
- Prefix sum array in Python using accumulate function
- Python | Merging two strings with Suffix and Prefix
- Prefix matching in Python using pytrie module
- Python | Prefix Sum Subarray till False value
- Python | Prefix extraction before specific character
- Python | Ways to determine common prefix in set of strings
- Python program to print the substrings that are prefix of the given string
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.