Sometimes the data that we receive, is in the form of tuples having data from various sources and we can usually have a use case in which we require to process the sum of each index of tuple for cumulation. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this can be performed.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension
This is the most naive method to perform this particular task, in this method we compute the summation of each index of all the possible indices of the tuple.
The original list is : [(1, 6), (3, 4), (5, 8)] The position summation of tuples : (9, 18)
Method #2 : Using
zip() + sum()
This is the most elegant and pythonic way to perform this particular task. In this we combine all the indices of the element using
zip() and the performance of summation using sum function.
The original list is : [(1, 6), (3, 4), (5, 8)] The position summation of tuples : [9, 18]
- Python | Column summation of tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
- Python | Grouped summation of tuple list
- Python | Convert list of strings to list of tuples
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of strings
- Python | Convert list of tuples to list of list
- Python | Update a list of tuples using another list
- Python | Convert list of tuples into list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.