OpenCV (Open Source Computer Vision) is a computer vision library that contains various functions to perform operations on Images or videos.
OpenCV's application areas include : 1) Facial recognition system 2) motion tracking 3) Artificial neural network 4) Deep neural network 5) video streaming etc.
In Python, one can use an OpenCV library named
CV2. Python does not come with cv2, so user needs to install it separately.
For Windows :pip install opencv-python
For Linux :sudo apt-get install python-opencv
OpenCv library can be used to perform multiple operations on videos. Let’s try to do something interesting using
CV2. Take a video as input and play it in a reverse mode by breaking the video into frame by frame and simultaneously store that frame in the list. After getting list of frames we perform iteration over the frames. For playing video in reverse mode, we need only to iterate reverse in the list of frames. Use reverse method of the list for reversing the order of frames in the list.
Below is the implementation :
- Python | Play a video using OpenCV
- OpenCV C++ Program to play a video
- Python - Process images of a video using OpenCV
- Python OpenCv: Write text on video
- Python OpenCV: Capture Video from Camera
- Python | Create video using multiple images using OpenCV
- OpenCV Python program for Vehicle detection in a Video frame
- OpenCV | Loading Video
- Saving a Video using OpenCV
- OpenCV C++ Program to blur a Video
- Saving Operated Video from a webcam using OpenCV
- 10 Interesting modules in Python to play with
- Python | Pandas dataframe.mode()
- Python | Pandas Series.mode()
- Python statistics | mode function