PIL is the Python Imaging Library which provides the python interpreter with image editing capabilities. The ImageOps module contains a number of ‘ready-made’ image processing operations. This module is somewhat experimental, and most operators only work on L and RGB images.
ImageOps.fit() method returns a sized and cropped version of the image, cropped to the requested aspect ratio and size.
Syntax: PIL.ImageOps.fit(image, size, method=0, bleed=0.0, centering=(0.5, 0.5))
image – The image to size and crop.
size – The requested output size in pixels, given as a (width, height) tuple.
method – What resampling method to use. Default is PIL.Image.NEAREST.
bleed – Remove a border around the outside of the image from all four edges.
centering – Control the cropping position.
- Use (0.5, 0.5) for center cropping (e.g. if cropping the width, take 50% off of the left side, and therefore 50% off the right side).
- (0.0, 0.0) will crop from the top left corner (i.e. if cropping the width, take all of the crop off of the right side, and if cropping the height, take all of it off the bottom).
- (1.0, 0.0) will crop from the bottom left corner, etc. (i.e. if cropping the width, take all of the crop off the left side, and if cropping the height take none from the top, and therefore all off the bottom).
Returns: An image.
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | set() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | os.getpgid() method
- Python | os.tcgetpgrp() method
- Python | PyTorch tan() method
- Python | os.scandir() method
- Python | os.strerror() method
- Python | os.readlink() method
- Python | os.writev() method
- Python | sympy.Add() method
- Python | sympy.Mul() method
- Python | os.getppid() method
- Python | sympy.det() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.