PIL is the Python Imaging Library which provides the python interpreter with image editing capabilities.
Image.split() method is used to split the image into individual bands. This method returns a tuple of individual image bands from an image.
Splitting an “RGB” image creates three new images each containing a copy of one of the original bands (red, green, blue).
var = Image.Image.split(image_object)
var = Image.Image.split(path_of_image)
Return Value: It returns a tuple containing bands.
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | os.WIFSTOPPED() method
- Python | os.WTERMSIG() method
- Python | os.WCOREDUMP() method
- Python | os.statvfs() method
- Python | Decimal min() method
- Python | sympy.ff() method
- Python PIL | eval() method
- Python | os.WIFSIGNALED() method
- Python | os.WIFCONTINUED() method
- Python | os.readv() method
- Python | os.write() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.