pandas.factorize() method helps to get the numeric representation of an array by identifying distinct values. This method is available as both
values : 1D sequence.
sort : [bool, Default is False] Sort uniques and shuffle labels.
na_sentinel : [ int, default -1] Missing Values to mark ‘not found’.
Return: Numeric representation of array
Code: Explaining the working of factorize() method
- Python - Read blob object in python using wand library
- Python | Convert list to Python array
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Index of Non-Zero elements in Python list
- twitter-text-python (ttp) module - Python
- MySQL-Connector-Python module in Python
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | PRAW - Python Reddit API Wrapper
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Visualizing O(n) using Python
- Python vs PHP
- Python Set | pop()
- abs() in Python
- gcd() in Python
- Python PIP
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.