pandas.api.types.CategoricalDtype(categories = None, ordered = None) : This class is useful for specifying the type of Categorical data independent of the values, with categories and orderness.
categories : [index like] Unique categorisation of the categories.
ordered : [boolean] If false, then the categorical is treated as unordered.
Return-Type specification for categorical data
- Important differences between Python 2.x and Python 3.x with examples
- Python | Merge Python key values to list
- Reading Python File-Like Objects from C | Python
- Python | Sort Python Dictionaries by Key or Value
- Python | Add Logging to Python Libraries
- Python | Add Logging to a Python Script
- Python | Set 4 (Dictionary, Keywords in Python)
- chr() in Python
- abs() in Python
- bin() in Python
- zip() in Python
- SHA in Python
- max() and min() in Python
- Any & All in Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.