OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.wait() method in Python is used by a process to wait for completion of a child process.
This method returns a tuple containing its PID and exit status indication. The exit status of child process is indicated by a 16 bit number whose lower byte is the signal number that killed the process and higher byte is the exit status (if the signal number is zero).
Parameter: No parameter is required.
Return type: This method returns a tuple which contains terminated child’s PID and exit status indication.
Code: Use of
In Child process- Process ID: 6276 Hello! Geeks Exiting In parent process- Terminated child's process id: 6276 Signal number that killed the child process: 0
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.strerror() method
- Python | hasattr() method
- Python | os.openpty() method
- Python | os.fork() method
- Python | os.getgrouplist() method
- Python | os.setreuid() method
- Python | os.pipe() method
- Python | os.getpgrp() method
- Python | os.pwrite() method
- Python | os.setregid() method
- Python | os.getsid() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.