OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type, but are not accepted by the operating system.
In UNIX-like operating systems, a process group denotes a collection of one or more processes. It is used to control distribution of a signal that is when a signal is directed to a process group, each member of the process group receives the signal. Every process group is uniquely identified using process group id.
os.tcgetpgrp() method in Python is used to get the process group associated with the terminal given by the specified file descriptor. The specified file descriptor should be an open file descriptor as returned by
os.tcgetpgrp() method is only available on UNIX platforms.
fd: A file descriptor associated with a terminal.
Return Type: This method returns an integer value which represents the process group id associated with the terminal given by the specified file descriptor.
Process group associated with controlling terminal of the current process: 19787
- class method vs static method in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.