OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.supports_bytes_environ in Python checks whether native OS type of the environment is bytes or not. For example, Windows do not has bytes as their native OS type of the environment. So its value will be False on Windows.
Parameter: It is a non-callable object. Hence, no parameter is required.
Return Type: This object returns a bool value True of False on the basis of whether native OS type of the environment is bytes or not.
- Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 2 (Data Hiding and Object Printing)
- Object Oriented Programming in Python | Set 1 (Class, Object and Members)
- Python | os.supports_bytes_environ object
- Python | os.supports_follow_symlinks object
- Python | os.environ object
- Python | object() method
- Python | os.confstr_names object
- Python | os.supports_fd object
- Python | os.supports_dir_fd object
- Python | os.sysconf_names object
- Python Object Comparison : "is" vs "=="
- pickle — Python object serialization
- Python | os.path.supports_unicode_filenames object
- Python | Check if a given object is list or not
- Python | Matplotlib Sub plotting using object oriented API
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.