OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type, but are not accepted by the operating system.
os.setgroups() method in Python is used to set the list of supplemental group ids associated with the current process to specified list.
supplementary group IDs: In Unix systems, every user must be a member of at least one group called primary group. It is also possible for a user to be listed as member of additional groups in the relevant entries in the group database. The IDs of these additional groups are called supplementary group IDs
os.setgroups() method is available only on UNIX systems and functionality of this method is typically available only to the superuser.
Superuser means a root user or an administrative user who has all the permissions to run or execute any program in the operating system.
groups: The list of supplemental group IDs to be set. Each element of the list must be an integer representing a group.
Return Type: This method does not return any value.
Supplemental group IDs associated with the current process:  New supplemental group IDs associated with the current process: [20, 30, 40, 50]
- class method vs static method in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.