OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type, but are not accepted by the operating system.
os.rmdir() method in Python is used to remove or delete a empty directory. OSError will be raised if the specified path is not an empty directory.
Syntax: os.rmdir(path, *, dir_fd = None)
path: A path-like object representing a file path. A path-like object is either a string or bytes object representing a path.
dir_fd (optional) : A file descriptor referring to a directory. The default value of this parameter is None.
If the specified path is absolute then dir_fd is ignored.
Note: The ‘*’ in parameter list indicates that all following parameters (Here in our case ‘dir_fd’) are keyword-only parameters and they can be provided using their name, not as positional parameter.
Return Type: This method does not return any value.
Directory 'ihritik' has been removed successfully
[Errno 13] Permission denied: '/home/User/Documents/ihritik' Directory 'ihritik' can not be removed
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.