In Python, OS module provides various functions to interact with the operating system. This module comes under the Python standard utility module, so there is no need to install it manually.
os.pardir is a constant string used by the operating system to refer to the parent directory. This method is also available via
os.pardir is ‘
.. for UNIX based OS and ‘
::‘ for Mac OS.
Return type: a string that refers to the parent directory.
Example 2: Let’s print the parent of current working directory.
Current Directory: /home/geeks/Desktop/gfg Parent Directory: /home/geeks/Desktop
Example 3: Getting the parent of specified path.
Path: your/path/for/parent/directory Parent: your/path/for/parent
- Python: os.path.abspath() method with example
- Understanding Python Pickling with example
- Python counter and dictionary intersection example (Make a string using deletion and rearrangement)
- Common Operations on Fuzzy Set with Example and Code
- class method vs static method in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
Improved By : nishkarsh146