OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type, but are not accepted by the operating system.
os.getsid() method in Python is used to get the session id of the process associated with the specified process id.
os.getsid() method is only available on UNIX platforms.
pid: An integer value representing the process id of the process whose session id is required.
Return Type: This method returns an integer value which represents the session id of process associated with the specified process id.
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | hasattr() method
- Python PIL | ImageOps.fit() method
- Python | isinstance() method
- Python | sympy.det() method
- Python | sympy.nT() method
- Python | os.ctermid() method
- Python | os.getppid() method
- Python PIL | BoxBlur() method
- Python | sympy.Add() method
- Python | bytes() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.