OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.getppid() method in Python is used to get the parent process ID of the current process.
Parameter: Not required
Return Type: This method returns a integer value denoting the parent process ID of the current process. The return type of this method is of class ‘int’.
Code #1: Use of os.getppid() method
Parent process ID of current process: 7653
Code #2: Use of os.getppid() method
Process ID of Current process: 7653 Parent process ID of child process: 7653
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- class method vs static method in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.