OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
All functions in os module raise OSError in the case of invalid or inaccessible file names and paths, or other arguments that have the correct type, but are not accepted by the operating system.
os.getcwd() method tells us the location of current working directory (CWD).
Parameter: No parameter is required.
Return Value: This method returns a string which represents the current working directory.
Example #1 :
os.getcwd() method to get current working directory
Current working directory: C:\Users\Rajnish\AppData\Local\Programs\Python\Python37
Example #2 :
os.getcwd() method to get current working directory of GeeksforGeeks which is root
Current working directory: /
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | cmath.log() method
- Python PIL | Image.new() method
- Python | os.fdatasync() method
- Python | sympy.sec() method
- Python | os.pipe2() method
- Python PIL | getpalette() Method
- Python | os.sendfile() method
- turtle.pos() method in Python
- Python | os.sync() method
- Python | os.rename() method
- Python | sympy.gcd() method
- Python | os.scandir() method
- Python | os.getppid() method
- Python | Tensorflow abs() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.