OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.fdatasync() method in Python is used to force write of the file associated with the given file descriptor. Unlike
os.fsync() method, it does not force update of metadata.
os.fdatasync() method is faster than
os.fsync() method because it needs to force only one disk write instead of two.
fd: A file descriptor for which data is to be written.
Return type: This method does not return any value.
Code: Use of
Force write of file committed successfully
- class method vs static method in Python
- Python | os.dup() method
- Python | next() method
- Python | set() method
- Python | os.lchown() method
- Python | cmath.log() method
- Python PIL | ImageOps.fit() method
- Python | sympy.Pow() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python | isinstance() method
- Python | os.unlink() method
- Python | sympy.Mul() method
- Python | os.times() method
- Python | Tensorflow tan() method
- Python PIL | UnsahrpMask() method
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.