OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.closerange() method in Python is used to close all file descriptors in the range fd_low (inclusive) to fd_high (exclusive). Any error occurred while closing any of the file descriptor in the given range is ignored.
A file descriptor is small integer value that corresponds to a file or other input/output resource, such as a pipe or network socket. A File descriptor is an abstract indicator of a resource and act as handle to perform various lower level I/O operations like read, write, send etc.
For Example: Standard input is usually file descriptor with value 0, standard output is usually file descriptor with value 1 and standard error is usually file descriptor with value 2.
Further files opened by the current process will get the value 3, 4, 5 an so on.
Syntax: os.closerange(fd_low, fd_high)
fd_low: The Lowest file descriptor to be closed.
fd_high: The highest file descriptor to be closed.
Return Type: This method does not return any value
Code: Use of
os.closerange() method to close file descriptors in the given range
All file descriptor closed successfully
os.closerange() method is equivalent to following python code:
os.closerange() method works faster than above code.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.