os.chmod() method in Python is used to change the mode of path to the numeric mode.
path – path name of the file or directory path
mode – mode may take one of the following values:
- stat.S_ISUID : Set user ID on execution
- stat.S_ISGID : Set group ID on execution
- stat.S_ENFMT : Record locking enforced
- stat.S_ISVTX : Save text image after execution
- stat.S_IREAD : Read by owner.
- stat.S_IWRITE : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IEXEC : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXU : Read, write, and execute by owner
- stat.S_IRUSR : Read by owner
- stat.S_IWUSR : Write by owner.
- stat.S_IXUSR : Execute by owner.
- stat.S_IRWXG : Read, write, and execute by group
- stat.S_IRGRP : Read by group
- stat.S_IWGRP : Write by group
- stat.S_IXGRP : Execute by group
- stat.S_IRWXO : Read, write, and execute by others.
- stat.S_IROTH : Read by others
- stat.S_IWOTH : Write by others
- stat.S_IXOTH : Execute by others
File can be read only by owner. File access changed, can be read by others now.
File can be written and executed only by owner.
- class method vs static method in Python
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.