OS module in Python provides functions for interacting with the operating system. OS, comes under Python’s standard utility modules. This module provides a portable way of using operating system dependent functionality.
os.access() method uses the real uid/gid to test for access to path. Most operations uses the effective uid/gid, therefore, this routine can be used in a suid/sgid environment to test if the invoking user has the specified access to path.
path: path to be tested for access or existence
mode: Should be F_OK to test the existence of path, or can be the inclusive OR of one or more of R_OK, W_OK, and X_OK to test permissions.
Following values can be passed as the mode parameter of access() to test the following:
Returns: True if access is allowed, else returns False.
Code #1: Understand access() method
Exists the path: True Access to read the file: True Access to write the file: False Check if path can be executed: False
Code #2: Code to open a file after validating access is allowed
Facing some issue
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Difference between Method Overloading and Method Overriding in Python
- class method vs static method in Python
- Get() method for dictionaries in Python
- Real-Time Edge Detection using OpenCV in Python | Canny edge detection method
- Python Program to detect the edges of an image using OpenCV | Sobel edge detection method
- Line detection in python with OpenCV | Houghline method
- Python | os._exit() method
- Python | os.WEXITSTATUS() method
- Python | os.abort() method
- Python | os.renames() method
- Python | os.lseek() method
- Python calendar module | formatmonth() method
- Python | PyTorch sin() method
- Python | Sympy Line.is_parallel() method
- Python PIL | GaussianBlur() method
- Python | range() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermefit() method
- Python | Numpy np.hermevander() method
- Python String Title method
- Python groupby method to remove all consecutive duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.