Selenium is a powerful tool for controlling the web browser through the program. It is functional for all browsers, works on all major OS and its scripts are written in various languages i.e Python, Java, C#, etc, we will be working with Python.
Selenium Python bindings provide a convenient API to access Selenium WebDrivers like Firefox, Ie, Chrome, Remote, etc. The currently supported Python versions are 2.7, 3.5 and above.
- Selenium: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install selenium
- Web Drivers: Selenium requires a web driver to interface with the chosen browser.Web drivers is a package to interact with web browser. It interacts with the web browser or a remote web server through a wire protocol which is common to all. You can check out and install the web drivers of your browser choice.
This method is used to launch a new browser and will open the given URL in the browser.
The function accept only one argument which is the desired link to be opened as showed in above syntax.
- Navigating links using get method - Selenium Python
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Opening) | Set-1
- Opening multiple color windows to capture using OpenCV in Python
- response.links - Python requests
- Waits in Selenium Python
- How to install Selenium in Python
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
- Selenium Python Tutorial
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Exceptions - Selenium Python
- Selenium Python Basics
- Selenium Python Tricks
- Like instagram pictures using Selenium | Python
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- Python | page_source method in Selenium
- Special Keys in Selenium Python
- Locator Strategies - Selenium Python
- Interacting with Webpage - Selenium Python
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.