Selenium is a powerful tool for controlling the web browser through the program. It is functional for all browsers, works on all major OS and its scripts are written in various languages i.e Python, Java, C#, etc, we will be working with Python.
Selenium Python bindings provide a convenient API to access Selenium WebDrivers like Firefox, Ie, Chrome, Remote, etc. The currently supported Python versions are 2.7, 3.5 and above.
- Selenium: To install this module type the below command in the terminal.
pip install selenium
- Web Drivers: Selenium requires a web driver to interface with the chosen browser.Web drivers is a package to interact with web browser. It interacts with the web browser or a remote web server through a wire protocol which is common to all. You can check out and install the web drivers of your browser choice.
This method is used to launch a new browser and will open the given URL in the browser.
The function accept only one argument which is the desired link to be opened as showed in above syntax.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Navigating links using get method - Selenium Python
- Count total number of Links In Webpage Using Selenium In Python
- Opening multiple color windows to capture using OpenCV in Python
- Opening tif file using GDAL in Python
- PYGLET – Opening file using File Location
- Python | Morphological Operations in Image Processing (Opening) | Set-1
- Opening an IDE with Python
- Menu Driven Python program for opening the required software Applictaion
- Mahotas - Opening Process on Image
- response.links - Python requests
- Selenium Base Mini Project Using Python
- Python | SMS Bomber using Selenium
- Non blocking wait in selenium using Python
- Python | Automating Happy Birthday post on Facebook using Selenium
- How to access popup login window in selenium using Python
- Python | Automate Google Search using Selenium
- Flight-price checker using Python and Selenium
- How to take screenshot using Selenium in Python ?
- How to get title of a webpage using Selenium in Python?
- How to get current_url using Selenium in Python?
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.