With the help of Numpy numpy.resize(), we can resize the size of an array. Array can be of any shape but to resize it we just need the size i.e (2, 2), (2, 3) and many more. During resizing numpy append zeros if values at a particular place is missing.
new_shape : [tuple of ints, or n ints] Shape of resized array
refcheck : [bool, optional] This parameter is used to check the reference counter. By Default it is True.
Most of you are now thinking that what is the difference between reshape and resize. When we talk about reshape then an array changes it’s shape as temporary but when we talk about resize then the changes made permanently.
In this example we can see that with the help of
.resize() method, we have changed the shape of an array from 1×6 to 2×3.
[[1 2 3] [4 5 6]]
In this example we can see that, we are trying to resize the array of that shape which is type of out of bound values. But numpy handles this situation to append the zeros when values are not existed in the array.
[[1 2 3 4] [5 6 0 0] [0 0 0 0]]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Numpy numpy.transpose()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__lt__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__gt__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__le__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__ge__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__eq__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__ne__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__neg__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__pos__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__truediv__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__mul__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__sub__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__add__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__floordiv__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__mod__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__invert__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__divmod__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__pow__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__rshift__()
- Python | Numpy numpy.ndarray.__lshift__()
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.