Pygame is a cross-platform set of Python modules designed for writing video games. It includes computer graphics and sound libraries designed to be used with the Python programming language. Now, it’s up to the imagination or necessity of developer, what type of game he/she wants to develop using this toolkit.
In this tutorial, we are going to learn how to move an object such that it moves horizontally when pressing the right arrow key or left arrow key on the keyboard and it moves vertically when pressing up arrow key or down arrow key.
The main concept of doing this is by changing the co-ordinates of the object and refreshing the screen. When the screen refreshes every time window color gets filled with original color and the new rectangle is formed, so when arrow keys get pressed co-ordinates changes and it appears that the object is moving.
Change in Co-ordinates for respective keys pressed : Left arrow key: Decrement in x co-ordinate Right arrow key: Increment in x co-ordinate Up arrow key: Decrement in y co-ordinate Down arrow key: Increment in y co-ordinate
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Making an object jump in PyGame
- Adding Boundary to an Object in Pygame
- Draw moving object using Turtle in Python
- Python | Display images with PyGame
- Python | Display text to PyGame window
- Python | Drawing different shapes on PyGame window
- Python | Playing audio file in Pygame
- Python - Drawing design using arrow keys in PyGame
- Tic Tac Toe GUI In Python using PyGame
- Binary Search Visualization using Pygame in Python
- Snowfall display using Pygame in Python
- Difference between Pygame VS Arcade Libaray in Python
- 8-bit game using pygame
- Bubble sort visualizer using PyGame
- How to create Buttons in a game using PyGame?
- How to initialize all the imported modules in PyGame?
- Building and visualizing Sudoku Game Using Pygame
- Collision Detection in PyGame
- Interesting Facts about PYGAME
- Creating start Menu in Pygame
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.