Sometimes, while working with Python Matrix, we may have a problem in which we require to find the minimum and maximum value of a particular column. This can have a possible application in day-day programming and competitive programming. Let’s discuss certain way in which this task can be performed.
Method : Using
This task can be solved using the combination of above functions. In this, we pass in the zip() the list, to access all columns and
max()/min() to get maximum or minimum of columns.
The original list is : [[5, 6, 7], [9, 10, 2], [10, 3, 4]] Max value of Nth column is : 7
- Python | Nth Column vertical string in Matrix
- Python | Search in Nth Column of Matrix
- Python | Nth column Matrix Product
- Python - Extract ith column values from jth column values
- Python - Column Maximum in Dictionary Value Matrix
- Python | Search in Nth column in list of tuples
- Python - Get maximum of Nth column from tuple list
- Python - Get Nth column elements in Tuple Strings
- Python - Constant Multiplication to Nth Column
- Python - Remove Record if Nth Column is K
- Create a DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- Get column index from column name of a given Pandas DataFrame
- Create a Pandas DataFrame from a Numpy array and specify the index column and column headers
- heapq in Python to print all elements in sorted order from row and column wise sorted matrix
- Python | Get Kth Column of Matrix
- Python - Summation of kth column in a matrix
- Python - Remove front column from Matrix
- Python | Matrix Tuple pair Column product
- Python | Uneven Sized Matrix Column product
- Python - Uneven Sized Matrix Column Minimum
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.