Given a positive integer n, count the total number of set bits in binary representation of all numbers from 1 to n.
Input: n = 3 Output: 4 Binary representations are 1, 2 and 3 1, 10 and 11 respectively. Total set bits are 1 + 1 + 2 = 4. Input: n = 6 Output: 9 Input: n = 7 Output: 12 Input: n = 8 Output: 13
- Write a function which first converts number into binary using bin(num) function and returns count of set bits in it.
- Map user defined function on list of numbers from 1 to n and we will get list of individual count of set bits in each number.
- Sum up count of all set bits.
GeeksforGeeks has prepared a complete interview preparation course with premium videos, theory, practice problems, TA support and many more features. Please refer Placement 100 for details
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n | Set 2
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to n
- Count total set bits in all numbers from 1 to N | Set 3
- Count total unset bits in all the numbers from 1 to N
- Python Bin | Count total bits in a number
- Count total bits in a number
- Find the total count of numbers up to N digits in a given base B
- Python | Count set bits in a range
- Count set bits using Python List comprehension
- Python | Count unset bits in a range
- Check if bits of a number has count of consecutive set bits in increasing order
- Print numbers having first and last bits as the only set bits
- Python program to count Even and Odd numbers in a List
- Python program to count positive and negative numbers in a list
- Sum of numbers with exactly 2 bits set