The initialization of list with a single number is a generic problem whose solution has been dealt many number of times. But sometimes we require to initialize the list with elements alternatively repeating K no. of times. This has use cases in M.L or A.I algorithms which require presetting of data in lists. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this problem is solved.
Method #1 : Using list comprehension
In this method, we insert elements in the list alternatively for the specific number of times of each elements’ occurrence. It takes the remainder of sum of counts of both occurrences of elements with particular occurrence of element for cycle computation.
The list after initializing : [1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0]
Method #2 : Using
itertools.cycle() + itertools.islice()
This is the most pythonic way in which we can perform the cyclic initialization. Slice each of the part of list into the allotted element size in a cyclic manner using
The list after initializing : [1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1, 1, 1, 0, 0, 0, 1, 1]
- Python | Boolean list initialization
- Python | Interval Initialization in list
- Python | Alternate Cycling in list
- Python | Maximize alternate element List
- Python | List consisting of all the alternate elements
- Python | Add element at alternate position in list
- Python | Alternate Sort in String list
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
- Python | Alternate range slicing in list
- Python | Increasing alternate element pattern in list
- Counters in Python | Set 1 (Initialization and Updation)
- Python | Alternate front - rear Sum
- Python | Alternate cases in String
- Python | Alternate vowels and consonents in String
- Python | Convert list of string to list of list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.