Python is a high level, interpreted and general purpose dynamic programming language that focuses on code readability.It has fewer steps when compared to Java and C.It was founded in 1991 by developer Guido Van Rossum.It is used in many organizations as it supports multiple programming paradigms.It also performs automatic memory management.
1) Presence of third-party modules
2) Extensive support libraries(NumPy for numerical calculations, Pandas for data analytics etc)
3) Open source and community development
4) Easy to learn
5) User-friendly data structures
6) High-level language
7) Dynamically typed language(No need to mention data type based on value assigned, it takes data type)
8) Object-oriented language
9) Portable and Interactive
10) Portable across Operating systems
1) GUI based desktop applications(Games, Scientific Applications)
2) Web frameworks and applications
3) Enterprise and Business applications
4) Operating Systems
5) Language Development
Organizations using Python :
1) Google(Components of Google spider and Search Engine)
For full list of companies using Python refer DZone
This article is contributed by Paduchuri Manideep. If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please write comments if you find anything incorrect, or you want to share more information about the topic discussed above.
- Advantages and Disadvantages of different Classification Models
- Python String index() and its applications
- isupper(), islower(), lower(), upper() in Python and their applications
- Python | Designing GUI applications Using PyQt
- Applications and Uses of Selenium WebDriver
- System tray applications using PyQt5
- Difference Between Go and Python Programming Language
- Python – The new generation Language
- Python Language Introduction
- Python - Fastest Growing Programming Language
- Why is Python the Best-Suited Programming Language for Machine Learning?
- Detect an Unknown Language using Python
- Python program to find GSoC organisations that use a Particular Programming Language
- Python IMDbPY – Getting the language codes of the series
- Grammar Checker in Python using Language-check
- Language Translator Using Google API in Python
- How to Create a Programming Language using Python?
- Python Tweepy – Getting the language of a tweet
- Tips and Tricks for Competitive Programmers | Set 2 (Language to be used for Competitive Programming)
- Syntax Tree - Natural Language Processing