Tic-tac-toe is a very popular game, so let’s implement an automatic Tic-tac-toe game using Python.
The game is automatically played by the program and hence, no user input is needed. Still, developing a automatic game will be lots of fun. Let’s see how to do this.
random Python libraries are used to build this game. Instead of asking the user to put a mark on the board, code randomly chooses a place on the board and put the mark. It will display the board after each turn unless a player wins. If the game gets draw, then it returns -1.
play_game() is the main function, which performs following tasks :
- Calls create_board() to create a 9×9 board and initializes with 0.
- For each player (1 or 2), calls the random_place() function to randomly choose a location on board and mark that location with the player number, alternatively.
- Print the board after each move.
- Evaluate the board after each move to check whether a row or column or a diagonal has the same player number. If so, displays the winner name. If after 9 moves, there are no winner then displays -1.
Below is the code for the above game :
[[0 0 0] [0 0 0] [0 0 0]] Board after 1 move [[0 0 0] [0 0 0] [1 0 0]] Board after 2 move [[0 0 0] [0 2 0] [1 0 0]] Board after 3 move [[0 1 0] [0 2 0] [1 0 0]] Board after 4 move [[0 1 0] [2 2 0] [1 0 0]] Board after 5 move [[1 1 0] [2 2 0] [1 0 0]] Board after 6 move [[1 1 0] [2 2 0] [1 2 0]] Board after 7 move [[1 1 0] [2 2 0] [1 2 1]] Board after 8 move [[1 1 0] [2 2 2] [1 2 1]] Winner is: 2
- Tic Tac Toe Game using PyQt5 in Python
- Tic Tac Toe GUI In Python using PyGame
- Draw a Tic Tac Toe Board using Python-Turtle
- Automatic Birthday mail sending with Python
- Implementation of Page Rank using Random Walk method in Python
- random.random() function in Python
- Random Walk (Implementation in Python)
- Conway's Game Of Life (Python Implementation)
- Random sampling in numpy | random() function
- Number Guessing Game in Python using Binary Search
- Generating Random id's using UUID in Python
- Python | Random Password Generator using Tkinter
- Dice Rolling Simulator using Python-random
- Color game using Tkinter in Python
- Python | Simple FLAMES game using Tkinter
- Mastermind Game using Python
- Create a Simple Two Player Game using Turtle in Python
- Create pong game using Python - Turtle
- ML | Reinforcement Learning Algorithm : Python Implementation using Q-learning
- Python 3.6 dictionary implementation using hash tables
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.