IMDbPY is a Python package which is used to retrieve and manage the data of the IMDb.
IMDb is an online database of information related to films, television programs, home videos, video games, and streaming content online – including cast, production crew and personal biographies, plot summaries, trivia, fan and critical reviews, and ratings.
In this article we will see how we can install this module and use this module to fetch variety of information.
In order to extract data from IMDb, we must first install the Python IMDbP library. This can be done by entering the command below in your command prompt or terminal:
pip install IMDbPY
Searching a movie
We can search a movie with the help of
Syntax : imdb_object.search_movie(name)
Argument : It takes string as argument, which is the movie name.
Return : It return list, items in list have same or similar title to the searched movie.
Below is the implementation
3 Idiots 3 idiotas 3 Idiots 3 Idiots w/ GUNS 3 Idiots on Wheels 3 Idiots Try Candy! 3 Idiots; How Cho Copes with Slump The Idiots Idiots Vidiots Idiotest The Idiot Idiotsitter Idiots Idioten 4 Idiots Idiots Idiots Los 3 Idiotas iDiots
[Movie id:0435437[http] title:_Taarzan: The Wonder Car (2004)_>]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python IMDbPY – Getting released year of movie from movie object
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving movie using movie ID
- Python IMDbPY – Movie info set
- Python IMDbPY – Default info of Movie object
- Python IMDbPY – Getting title from searched movie
- Python IMDbPY – Getting movie ID from searched movies
- Python IMDbPY – Info set to keys of Movie object
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving art department cast from the movie object
- Python IMDbPY - Checking if person is part of movie or not
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Getting role of person in the movie
- Python IMDbPY – Searching a person
- Python IMDbPY – Searching a company
- Python IMDbPY - Searching keyword
- Python IMDbPY – Searching movies matching with keyword
- Movie recommendation based on emotion in Python
- Python | Implementation of Movie Recommender System
- Movie tickets Booking management system in Python
- Movie recommender based on plot summary using TF-IDF Vectorization and Cosine similarity
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.