In this article we will see how we can retrieve the data of movie using its movie ID, movie id is the unique id given to each movie by IMDb. We can use
search_movie method to search the movies by their name but it gives many movies as they have same names therefore retrieving a movie by its id is a better option.
In order to search a movie by its id we use
Syntax : imdb_object.get_movie(id)
Argument : It takes string as argument which is movie id
Return : It returns imdb Movie object.
Below is the implementation.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving art department cast from the movie object
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY - Retrieving role played by actor from the movie details
- Python IMDbPY – Getting released year of movie from movie object
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving person using person ID
- Python IMDbPY – Retrieving company using company ID
- Python IMDbPY – Movie info set
- Python IMDbPY – Default info of Movie object
- Python IMDbPY – Getting title from searched movie
- Python IMDbPY – Getting movie ID from searched movies
- Python IMDbPY - Searching a movie
- Python IMDbPY – Info set to keys of Movie object
- Python IMDbPY - Checking if person is part of movie or not
- Python IMDbPY – Getting role of person in the movie
- Retrieving File Data From HDFS using Python Snakebite
- Retrieving HTML From data using Flask
- Retrieving And Updating Data Contained in Shelve in Python
- Python | setting and retrieving values of Tkinter variable
- Retrieving Cookies in Python
- PyQt5 - Retrieving caption of Check Box
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.