Sometimes, while working with Python list we can have problem in which we need to perform grouping. There can be a particular problem in which we need to group consecutive occurring elements. Having solution to this problem is useful. Let’s discuss certain way in which this can be done.
Method : Using
groupby() + list comprehension
This task can be performed using the inbuilt
groupby() offered by Python in easy way. This can be coupled with list comprehension for logic combination and iteration.
The original list is : [4, 4, 5, 5, 5, 7, 7, 8, 8, 8] List after grouping is : [[4, 4], [5, 5, 5], [7, 7], [8, 8, 8]]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Identical Strings Grouping
- Python | Consecutive elements grouping in list
- Python - Convert List to key-value list by prefix grouping
- Python | Binary element list grouping
- Python | Grouping similar substrings in list
- Python | Grouping list values into dictionary
- Python | Frequency grouping of list elements
- Python - Value nested grouping on List
- Python - Summation Grouping in Dictionary List
- Python - List Elements Grouping in Matrix
- Python - Minimum identical consecutive Subarray
- Python - Consecutive identical elements count
- Python | Grouping dictionary keys by value
- Python | K Division Grouping
- Python - Case Insensitive Strings Grouping
- Python - Frequency Grouping Dictionary
- Python - Vertical Grouping Value Lists
- Python - Paired elements grouping
- Python - Cross tuple summation grouping
- Python - Inter Matrix Grouping
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.