Sometimes, while working with tuples, we can have a problem in which we have nested tuples and we need to extract elements that occur singly, i.e are elementary. This kind of problem can have applications in many domains. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this problem can be solved.
Method #1 : Using nested loop +
The above 2 functionalities can be used to solve this particular problem. In this, we iterate each nested tuple and add to set if element has occurred for first time and check for each element before adding.
The original list : [(3, 4, 5), (4, 5, 7), (1, 4)] Unique elements in nested tuples are : [3, 4, 5, 7, 1]
Method #2 : Using
set() + from_iterable()
The combo of above functionalities can be used to solve this. This is done is 2 steps, first, we flatten the nested list and then find distincts using
The original list : [(3, 4, 5), (4, 5, 7), (1, 4)] Unique elements in nested tuples are : [1, 3, 4, 5, 7]
- Python - Elements Frequency in Mixed Nested Tuple
- Python - Extract Even elements in Nested Mixed Tuple
- Python | Check if a nested list is a subset of another nested list
- Python - Raise elements of tuple as power to another tuple
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python | Cummulative Nested Tuple Column Product
- Python - Remove nested records from tuple
- Python - Nested List to single value Tuple
- Python - Convert Nested Tuple to Custom Key Dictionary
- Python - Convert Nested dictionary to Mapped Tuple
- Python - Skew Nested Tuple Summation
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python | Replace tuple according to Nth tuple element
- Python - Convert Tuple String to Integer Tuple
- Python - Convert Tuple to Tuple Pair
- Python - Flatten tuple of List to tuple
- Python - Convert Tuple Matrix to Tuple List
- Python - Unique Tuple Frequency (Order Irrespective)
- Python - Get Nth column elements in Tuple Strings
- Python - Get Even indexed elements in Tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.