Many times, we are given a list of tuples and we need to group its keys and perform certain operation while grouping. The most common operation being addition. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed. Apart from addition other operations can also be performed by doing small changes.
Method : Using
This task can be performed using the Counter function as it internally groups and addition operator can be used to specify the functionality on the grouped result.
The original list 1 : [('key1', 4), ('key3', 6), ('key2', 8)] The original list 2 : [('key2', 1), ('key1', 4), ('key3', 2)] The grouped summation tuple list is : [('key2', 9), ('key1', 8), ('key3', 8)]
- Python | Summation of Kth Column of Tuple List
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Accumulative index summation in tuple list
- Python | Grouped Flattening of list
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python | Summation of tuples in list
- Python | Summation of two list of tuples
- Python | Position Summation in List of Tuples
- Python - Summation of float string list
- Python | Summation of integers in heterogenous list
- Python | Pair summation of list elements
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
- Python - Get summation of numbers in string list
- Python | Summation of dictionary list values
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.