Many times, we are given a list of tuples and we need to group its keys and perform certain operation while grouping. The most common operation being addition. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed. Apart from addition other operations can also be performed by doing small changes.
Method : Using
This task can be performed using the Counter function as it internally groups and addition operator can be used to specify the functionality on the grouped result.
The original list 1 : [('key1', 4), ('key3', 6), ('key2', 8)] The original list 2 : [('key2', 1), ('key1', 4), ('key3', 2)] The grouped summation tuple list is : [('key2', 9), ('key1', 8), ('key3', 8)]
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Summation of Kth Column of Tuple List
- Python | Accumulative index summation in tuple list
- Python - Summation of tuple dictionary values
- Python | Grouped Flattening of list
- Python | Sort tuple list by Nth element of tuple
- Python | i^k Summation in list
- Python | Interval List Summation
- Python | Summation of tuples in list
- Python | Triple List Summation
- Python | Summation of two list of tuples
- Python - Summation of float string list
- Python | Summation of integers in heterogenous list
- Python | Pair summation of list elements
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.