Many times, we are given a list of tuples and we need to group its keys and perform certain operation while grouping. The most common operation being addition. Let’s discuss certain ways in which this task can be performed. Apart from addition other operations can also be performed by doing small changes.
Method : Using
This task can be performed using the Counter function as it internally groups and addition operator can be used to specify the functionality on the grouped result.
The original list 1 : [('key1', 4), ('key3', 6), ('key2', 8)] The original list 2 : [('key2', 1), ('key1', 4), ('key3', 2)] The grouped summation tuple list is : [('key2', 9), ('key1', 8), ('key3', 8)]
- Python | Summation of list as tuple attribute
- Python | Grouped Flattening of list
- Python | Position Summation in List of Tuples
- Python | Alternate element summation in list
- Python program to create a list of tuples from given list having number and its cube in each tuple
- Python | Pair and combine nested list to tuple list
- Python | Convert a list into a tuple
- Python | Convert a list into tuple of lists
- Python | Reverse each tuple in a list of tuples
- Python | Modifying tuple contents with list
- Python | Dictionary to list of tuple conversion
- Python | Join tuple elements in a list
- Python | Group by matching second tuple value in list of tuples
- Python | Remove tuple from list of tuples if not containing any character
- Python | Count occurrence of all elements of list in a tuple
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.