Given a string S, remove all the consecutive duplicates.
Input : aaaaabbbbbb Output : ab Input : geeksforgeeks Output : geksforgeks Input : aabccba Output : abcba
How itertools.groupby(iterable,key[optional]) works in Python ?
Group by method takes two input one is iterable (list,tuple,dictionary) and second is key function which calculates keys for each element present in iterable. It returns key and iterable of grouped items. If key function not specified or is None, key defaults to an identity function and returns the element unchanged. For example,
(1, [1, 1, 1]) (3, [3, 3]) (2, [2, 2]) (1, [1, 1])
Attention reader! Don’t stop learning now. Get hold of all the important DSA concepts with the DSA Self Paced Course at a student-friendly price and become industry ready.
- Remove all consecutive duplicates from the string
- Python | Remove consecutive duplicates from list
- Python - Remove alternate consecutive duplicates
- Remove three consecutive duplicates from string
- Python | Pandas dataframe.groupby()
- itertools.groupby() in Python
- Python | Consecutive duplicates all elements deletion in list
- Remove all duplicates from a given string in Python
- Python | Remove all duplicates words from a given sentence
- Python | Remove all duplicates and permutations in nested list
- Combining multiple columns in Pandas groupby with dictionary
- Pandas GroupBy
- How to combine Groupby and Multiple Aggregate Functions in Pandas?
- Pandas Groupby - Sort within groups
- Pandas - GroupBy One Column and Get Mean, Min, and Max values
- Concatenate strings from several rows using Pandas groupby
- Pandas - Groupby multiple values and plotting results
- Plot the Size of each Group in a Groupby object in Pandas
- Check if string is palindrome after removing all consecutive duplicates
- Recursively remove all adjacent duplicates
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.