Sometimes, while working with Python list, we can have a problem in which we have to group strings in a way that at occurrence of particular element, the string list is grouped. This can be a potential problem of day-day programming. Let’s discuss certain way in which this problem can be performed.
Method : Using
groupby() + list comprehension + lambda
This task can be performed using combination of above functions. In this, we group the elements using groupby() and decision of grouping element logic is done in form of lambda function.
The original list is : ['gfg', 'is', 'best', 'and', 'is', 'popular'] Resultant list after grouping : [['gfg'], ['best', 'and'], ['popular']]
- Python | Group Anagrams from given list
- Python | Group List on K character
- Python - Group Sublists by another List
- Python | Group tuples in list with same first value
- Python - Group similar value list to dictionary
- Python | Group tuple into list based on value
- Python - Group records by Kth column in List
- Python - Group list by first character of string
- Python | Group elements at same indices in a multi-list
- Python | Group elements on break positions in list
- Python | Group list elements based on frequency
- Python | Group by matching second tuple value in list of tuples
- Python | Binary Group Tuple list elements
- Python - Group elements from Dual List Matrix
- Python | Group consecutive list elements with tolerance
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.