Given a list of tuple, the task is to sum the tuples having same first value.
Input: [(1, 13), (2, 190), (3, 82), (1, 12)] Output: [(1, 25), (2, 190), (3, 82)] Input: [(1, 13), (1, 190), (3, 25), (1, 12)] Output: [(1, 215), (3, 25)]
Let’s discuss the different ways we can do this task.
Method #1: Using
[(1, 215), (3, 25)]
Method #2: Using
[(1, 95), (2, 204), (3, 82)]
- Python | Remove tuples having duplicate first value from given list of tuples
- Python | Remove duplicate tuples from list of tuples
- Python | Convert string tuples to list tuples
- Python | Remove tuples from list of tuples if greater than n
- Python | Find the tuples containing the given element from a list of tuples
- Python | Count tuples occurrence in list of tuples
- Python | How to Concatenate tuples to nested tuples
- Python | Combining tuples in list of tuples
- Python Tuples
- Tuples in Python
- Python | Addition of tuples
- Python | Compare tuples
- Python | Chunk Tuples to N
- Python | All possible N combination tuples
- Python | Min and Max value in list of tuples
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.