Google Places API Web Service allow the user to query for place information on a variety of categories, such as establishments, prominent points of interest, geographic locations, and more. One can search for places either by proximity or a text string. A Place Search returns a list of places along with summary information about each place; additional information is available via a Place Details query.
Text Search Service of Google Places Api is used here, which is a web service that returns information about a set of places based on a string. For example “Hotels in Delhi” or “shoe stores near Oshawa”. The service responds with a list of places matching the text string and any location bias that has been set.
To use this service, the user must need an API key, which one can get form here.
Let’s try to use this API service using Python. The modules which will be used are
Below is the implementation :
Search query: Hotels in delhi ITC Maurya Le Meridien New Delhi The Imperial New Delhi Radisson Blu Hotel New Delhi Paschim Vihar The Lalit New Delhi Crowne Plaza New Delhi Rohini Shangri-La's Eros Hotel, New Delhi Pride Plaza Hotel Aerocity, New Delhi The Claridges The Leela Ambience Convention Hotel, Delhi Radisson Blu Plaza Delhi Airport Hotel City Park Radisson Blu New Delhi Dwarka The Ashok Hotel Novotel New Delhi Aerocity Mapple Emerald The Metropolitan Hotel and Spa The Umrao Pullman New Delhi Aerocity Welcome Hotel Dwarka
- Python | Calculate distance and duration between two places using google distance matrix API
- Python | Calculate geographic coordinates of places using google geocoding API
- Python | Get a google map image of specified location using Google Static Maps API
- Speech Recognition in Python using Google Speech API
- Language Translator Using Google API in Python
- How to make a Google Translation API using Python?
- Get emotions of images using Microsoft emotion API in Python
- Audio processing using Pydub and Google speechRecognition API
- How to use Vision API from Google Cloud | Set-2
- Performing Google Search using Python code
- Python | Automate Google Search using Selenium
- Search Google Using Python Selenium
- How to get client_id and client_secret for Python Reddit API registration ?
- Python | Calculate Distance between two places using Geopy
- Python Program for Anagram Substring Search (Or Search for all permutations)
- Python Program to Sort the list according to the column using lambda
- Download Anything to Google Drive using Google colab
- Python - K length decimal Places
- Python | URL shortener using tinyurl API
- Python | Find current weather of any city using openweathermap API
Improved By : ManasChhabra2