In this article, we will see how we can show information about our system i.e processor name, name of system etc.
The Platform module is used to retrieve as much possible information about the platform on which the program is being currently executed. Now by platform info, it means information about the device, it’s OS, node, OS version, Python version, etc. This module plays a crucial role when you want to check whether your program is compatible with the python version installed on a particular system or whether the hardware specifications meet the requirements of your program.
In order to do this we need to import
Below is the Python implementation –
platform details - Windows-10-10.0.17134-SP0 system name - Windows processor name - Intel64 Family 6 Model 158 Stepping 10, GenuineIntel architectural detail - ('64bit', 'WindowsPE')
Note : Output may vary based on you system architecture.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Platform Module in Python
- Get Your System Information - Using Python Script
- Get Phone Number Information using Python
- Get latest Government job information using Python
- Build an GUI Application to Get Live Air Quality Information Using Python.
- How to get real-time Mutual Funds Information using Python?
- Get all the information of a Collection's indexes using PyMongo
- Create a GUI to Get Domain Information Using Tkinter
- PyQt5 - Create a User form to get information
- How to get COVID 19 update using Covid module in Python?
- Introduction to Kivy ; A Cross-platform Python Framework
- PYGLET – Setting Mouse Platform Visible Property
- View Computer's Important Network Information Using Python
- Create a GUI to search bank information with IFSC Code using Python
- Extract Author's information from Geeksforgeeks article using Python
- Create a GUI to Extract information from VIN number Using Python
- Scraping Amazon Product Information using Beautiful Soup
- Python IMDbPY – Series Information in XML format
- Python IMDbPY – Company Information in XML format
- Python IMDbPY – Person Information in XML format
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to firstname.lastname@example.org. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.