Given lower and upper limits, generate a given count of random numbers within a given range, starting from ‘start’ to ‘end’ and store them in list.
Input : num = 10, start = 20, end = 40 Output : [23, 20, 30, 33, 30, 36, 37, 27, 28, 38] The output contains 10 random numbers in range [20, 40]. Input : num = 5, start = 10, end = 15 Output : [15, 11, 15, 12, 11] The output contains 5 random numbers in range [10, 15].
Python provides a random module to generate random numbers. To generate random numbers we have used the random function along with the use of the randint function.
randint accepts two parameters: a starting point and an ending point. Both should be integers and the first value should always be less than the second.
[23, 20, 30, 33, 30, 36, 37, 27, 28, 38]
- Secrets | Python module to Generate secure random numbers
- Python | Generate random string of given length
- Python | Numbers in a list within a given range
- Python | Create list of numbers with given range
- Python | Find missing numbers in a sorted list range
- Python | Select random value from a list
- Random Numbers in Python
- Generating random number list in Python
- Python | Remove random element from list
- Python | Generate successive element difference list
- Python | Generate Personalized Data from given list of expressions
- range() to a list in Python
- Python | Alternate range slicing in list
- Python | Decimal step range in list
- Python | Assign range of elements to List
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.