Given lower and upper limits, generate a given count of random numbers within a given range, starting from ‘start’ to ‘end’ and store them in list.
Input : num = 10, start = 20, end = 40 Output : [23, 20, 30, 33, 30, 36, 37, 27, 28, 38] The output contains 10 random numbers in range [20, 40]. Input : num = 5, start = 10, end = 15 Output : [15, 11, 15, 12, 11] The output contains 5 random numbers in range [10, 15].
Python provides a random module to generate random numbers. To generate random numbers we have used the random function along with the use of the randint function.
randint accepts two parameters: a starting point and an ending point. Both should be integers and the first value should always be less than the second.
[23, 20, 30, 33, 30, 36, 37, 27, 28, 38]
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Numbers in a list within a given range
- Python - Generate random number except K in list
- Python | Generate random number except K in list
- Secrets | Python module to Generate secure random numbers
- Generate five random numbers from the normal distribution using NumPy
- Generate Random Numbers From The Uniform Distribution using NumPy
- Python | Generate random string of given length
- random.random() function in Python
- Python Program to Generate Random binary string
- Random sampling in numpy | random() function
- Python - Random range in list
- Python | Find elements within range in numpy
- Python - Filter Strings within ASCII range
- Generate a list using given frequency list
- Python | Sort and store files with same extension
- Python program to reverse the content of a file and store it in another file
- Python - Store Function as dictionary value
- How to store Python functions in a Sqlite table?
- Python | Count unique sublists within list
- Python - Get Random Range Average
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.