Python Functools – total_ordering()
Functools module in python helps in implementing higher-order functions. Higher-order functions are dependent functions that call other functions. Total_ordering provides rich class comparison methods that help in comparing classes without explicitly defining a function for it. So, It helps in the redundancy of code.
The six rich class comparison methods are:
- object.__lt__(self, other)
- object.__le__(self, other)
- object.__eq__(self, other)
- object.__ne__(self, other)
- object.__gt__(self, other)
- object.__ge__(self, other)
There are 2 essential conditions to implement these comparison methods:
- At least one of the comparison methods must be defined from lt(less than), le(less than or equal to), gt(greater than) or ge(greater than or equal to).
- The eq function must also be defined.
False False True True False True
Note: Since the
__gt__ method is not implemented, it shows “Not
True False False True
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course. And to begin with your Machine Learning Journey, join the Machine Learning – Basic Level Course