You are given n successive discounts in percentages. Your task is to find the equivalent discount in percentage. Input will contain a list in which each element of the list will be discount in percentage that will be negative in sign.
Input : a = [-10, -35, -60, -75] Output : -94.14 Input : a = [-5, -20, -10.-23] Output : -49.08
SUCCESSIVE CHANGES = A + B + (A*B) / 100
How does this formula work?
Let x be the initial value. After A% change, value of x becomes (x + x*A/100). After successive B% change, value of x becomes (x + x*A/100) + (x + x*A/100)*B/100. So increment in x’s value is x*(A + B + A*B/100)/100. In terms of percentage, we can say that the value is incremented by (A + B + A*B/100)%
- Simply, apply sucessive change formula between arr and arr and store the result in result variable.
- Now, calculate successive change between result and arr using the above formula and store the result in result variable and so on.
Code: Python program for finding the equivalent discount in successive discounts in percentages.
Attention geek! Strengthen your foundations with the Python Programming Foundation Course and learn the basics.
To begin with, your interview preparations Enhance your Data Structures concepts with the Python DS Course.
- Python | Generate successive element difference list
- Python - Successive element pairing
- Python - Successive Characters Frequency
- Python - Extract Strings with Successive Alphabets in Alphabetical Order
- Python - Extract Percentages from String
- Python - Check if two strings are Rotationally Equivalent
- Analysis of Different Methods to find Prime Number in Python
- Python program to find IP Address
- Find average of a list in python
- Find all the patterns of “1(0+)1” in a given string using Python Regex
- Find the k most frequent words from data set in Python
- Python program to find N largest elements from a list
- Python | Find the Number Occurring Odd Number of Times using Lambda expression and reduce function
- Python List Comprehension to find pair with given sum from two arrays
- Python Set difference to find lost element from a duplicated array
- Python map function to find row with maximum number of 1's
- Python heapq to find K'th smallest element in a 2D array
- Python Dictionary to find mirror characters in a string
- Python Counter to find the size of largest subset of anagram words
- Python Counter| Find duplicate rows in a binary matrix
If you like GeeksforGeeks and would like to contribute, you can also write an article using contribute.geeksforgeeks.org or mail your article to email@example.com. See your article appearing on the GeeksforGeeks main page and help other Geeks.
Please Improve this article if you find anything incorrect by clicking on the "Improve Article" button below.